The Ombudsman of The Hague, Adriana Stehouwer, sets out what the Ombudsman does. She goes on by answering the following questions:
– What is the role of an Ombudsman in general?
– What can an Ombudsman not do?
– Why do we need an Ombudsman?
– Why is it so important to have an Ombudsman?
– What is the difference between the National Ombudsman and the Ombudsman of The Hague?
– What are the two basic “principles” of the Ombudsman?
– Are these two basic principles sufficient?
– How can problems of citizens be solved in an effective way? (High and low trust)